Thursday, November 29, 2012

"Your mind will quit a thousand times......"

"Your mind will quit a thousand times before your body will."-Sarah Jorgenson, Pinterest pin.

How true is this?! I don't know what more I can add to this, other than I know this to be true.

When I set a fitness goal, my mind will give up a thousand times before my body will. Learning to be a runner, trying to drop weight, giving up a certain food or drink, training for a marathon, going on a long ride on my road bike..... It is very frustrating when you are halfway through a workout and your mind starts telling you to quit before you're done. Or even worse, your mind tells you to quit before you ever start.

It's so hard to learn how to ignore or overcome this issue. It happens to all of us. Sometimes there may even be a pity party involved. I have never regretted accomplishing a goal. Struggles and all that comes with it. But I regret EVERY time I quit. Knowing the regret will be there if I don't push through is something that motivates me.

You're body will hold you back sometimes and force you to rest. But don't ever let your mind keep you from accomplishing your goals. A lot of times we don't realize it's mental fatigue taking over. We mistake it for physical fatigue. Stay focused and push through the tough times. You will come out stronger in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment