Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Untitled

I think I will skip writing about fitness today to honor the loss of a loved class mate....

I want to say that my heart is very heavy for the Brink family today and the Monett class of 1994. We lost a very special member of our class yesterday, Melody Carr Brink. We all are very glad that Mel will feel no more pain, but she will be missed dearly and the class of '94 won't be the same without her. I left Monett just before high school, but Monett has always been my home and is where I currently live. I have many memories of Melody's kind friendship, hanging out at her house, and how sweet and genuine she always was. My prayers go out to her husband and two boys, as well as her parents and the rest of her family. Melody had a place in this small town and made an impression on many, all the way down to my 5th grader who was saddened to learn about the loss of one of her favorite substitute teachers and how her fellow classmate (Karter) has lost his mom. Many hearts are heavy today. Rest in peace, Mel.

No comments:

Post a Comment