Thursday, February 28, 2013

Post it

I admit, I love to open facebook and see posts about people's workouts. I think it's great. A lot of people, especially those of us that are die hard fitness freaks, mock those that post every trip to the gym. I'm not one of those. I say you earned the right to brag about it, first of all. Second, it's a great way to keep yourself accountable! And third, you may inspire someone. A friend may see what you're doing and be motivated by you.


If you make a post about getting back in shape, diligently do your workouts, eat right, and post your goals and progress, you're much more likely to stick with it. It's a whole lot more productive to post fitness journey progress than it is to post pics of food, or those constant "selfie" pics that are done to death... Or what about the game requests? Or the "check ins"? Most of these don't annoy me too much...but how many profile pics DOES a person need? And no, I still don't want to play FarmVille...

Seriously though....all venting aside.....my point is what a much better use of your time to post your fitness journey! What a great and effective way to keep constant accountability! Post a weeks worth of scheduled workouts and meal plans. Post about your struggles to stay on schedule because of life. Post about failure. Post about success. Brag on your friends. Build them up. Make them feel good about their accomplishments. Brag about yourself! You earned it! Give people like me something fun to read on the social network:). I love it!

Good luck to you. Give this a try! You can't go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment