Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Opinion

I'm not a very political person, but I have my beliefs and I understand things a lot better than I can talk about them. I learn a lot from my brother who is extremely educated in this area. I don't want to start a debate, but I want to point out my opinion on how taking care of yourself is more important than ever before.

With the new Obama Care coming into effect, we are going to lose the ability to make decisions for our own healthcare. Those of us that didn't want this, need to do our part. With the government taking control over your treatment options, doesn't it make sense to try to do everything you can to fight health issues off by making a lifestyle change? We can blame so many health issues on bad habits. No exercise= lack of cardiovascular health along with many other issues. A diet rich in fat= high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc. A diet rich in refined sugar= diabetes. And all of these result in obesity which contributes to a whole other list of health issues. And I'm only pointing out a few....

Did you know that you can reverse, improve, and even cure a HUGE list of health issues through diet and exercise? Instead of slapping a bandaid on it and taking a pill, why not be responsible and try to prevent, reverse, or improve your condition? Why not try to prolong the onset of health issues into old age? I understand there are genetic reasons that some of us suffer from certain health issues. That doesn't mean you can't improve your condition through healthy choices. That doesn't mean you can't prolong bigger problems due to certain health issues by taking proper care of yourself.

A lot of us feel as though we have lost in this area. And I agree. And that's my opinion. But I know that I can do my part to control my own health by eating responsibly and exercising regularly. It doesn't have to be about being at your dream weight, or about looking good in a bikini. Although those are great goals to have, they shouldn't be your primary focus. Trying to control your own health should be a great motivator and a great reason to quit making excuses for living an unhealthy lifestyle. Do your part and pray every day that you never have to give up that control over your own health.

As I already said, this is my opinion. As Americans, I believe we are irresponsible with our bodies. And what I do know is that I can rest easy knowing that I am doing my part to prevent illness. I will not say that living healthy makes you immune to anything. But we have for sure learned that unhealthy living WILL catch up to you. It's just a matter of time.

Do your part. Be responsible and do your best to control your own health so that you later don't lose the ability to make decisions for yourself.

That's my opinion......

No comments:

Post a Comment